[Apiman-user] Replacing Keycloak

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 15:36:33 EST 2016

Hi Amit.

To be clear, you are trying to replace Keycloak as the authentication
mechanism for logging into the apiman UI, correct?

I can't say I know how to configure a web application to use
pingfederate for authenticaiton (never done that before).  But I can
tell you that it's likely that you will not be able to use the settings
in standalone-apiman.xml because those are configuration settings for
the keycloak auth client adapter.  The client adapter is the keycloak
specific client that handles authentication redirects to the auth
server.  I *assume* this adapter is keycloak-specific.

In order to get pingfederate working I must assume that they
(pingfederate) have some documentation for how to configure a java web
application for authentication.  Sadly their documentation server seems
to be broken at the moment.

I'll warn you that, while I'm sure using pingfederate is *possible*, it
is probably not trivial.  You may need to contribute some code to apiman
in order to enable support in the UI, for example.  If hacking some code
is not a daunting prospect then I'd be happy to help point you in the
direction of all the authentication touch points...

-Eric