[Apiman-user] Comercial support

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 09:07:21 EDT 2016

Apiman is purely an open source project, and as such does not offer
commercial support.  Red Hat's business model is to create subscription
based, commercially supported products based on open source upstream
projects such as apiman.

To that end, we were actively working towards creating a supported
product based on apiman.  However, recently Red Hat acquired the API
Management company 3scale, which has resulted in a change of product
direction.  You can read more here if you haven't yet:

http://www.apiman.io/blog/apiman/3scale/2016/06/22/redhat-3scale-apiman.html

We are currently working through how best to combine our efforts (3scale
and apiman) in a way that best supports both communities.  I should have
some more specifics for the apiman community soon (hopefully next week).

Of course it goes without saying that the apiman team is incredibly
grateful for the wonderful open source community that has grown up
around the project, and we are committed to supporting it as best we can.

-Eric