[Apiman-user] building apiman on Redhat

Rachel Yordan ryordan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 13:21:53 EDT 2016

Hey Chris,

When you run `$ npm install` or even `$ node -v` you are using the globally
installed binary as opposed to the local one, even if you are within the
directory, as you can see here:

npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
"--color=false"

The deprecation warning at the end of the build log should not be enough to
cause a build failure. To get a more detailed error regarding the build
failure I'd try using the local binary from within the `war` directory you
were in with `$ node/npm install --color=false`. You can also test that
it's using the correct binary with `$ node/npm -v` or `$ node/node -v`.
What is causing the build to fail could be several things, but I always
recommend starting with a clean slate before each test build -- try running
the following before triggering your build again:

$ rm -rf node_modules/
$ npm cache clean

Feel free to ping me on IRC if that doesn't help you get a better idea of
what's going on. Hope it helps! :)

Rachel Yordán
IRC: ryordan
GH: @kahboom <https://github.com/kahboom>