[Apiman-user] apiman using external keycloak and elasticsearch

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 10:58:20 EDT 2016

OK that's reasonable.  Honestly I don't know why you would have any
problems with timing, unless you're trying to perform some sort of data
import on startup.

Note that you can absolutely use an external, standalone elasticsearch
instance (I do this all the time) - you'll just need to download an
older version.  For example:

https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-1-7-5

-Eric

On 3/29/2016 4:08 PM, jazz wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I am back to using apiman-es.war i.s.o
> elasticsearch 2.2.1
>
> If the wars are started in this order it seems to work:
> 1. keycloak (seperate server)
> 2. apiman & apimanui
> 3. apiman-es (this takes time), when finished start 4
> 4. apiman-gateway-engine-beans.jar
> 5. apiman-gateway
> 6. apiman-gateway-api
>
> Now working to get keycloak working... I will post logs when I get stuck
> again.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bart
>
> On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 11:54 -0400, Eric Wittmann wrote:
>> Couple things here. First, we have not tested using Elasticsearch 2.x,
>> so you should probably expect failures there.  We currently only support
>> 1.x (e.g. 1.7.2).
>>
>> Next, in order to diagnose the startup problem, I need a bit more info.
>>   Can you send the full wildfly startup log?  Can you also do a file
>> listing here:
>>
>> ls -al $WILDFLY/standalone/deployments
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Eric
>>
>> On 3/29/2016 9:44 AM, jazz wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to use apiman deployed on wildfly 10, without the included
>>> keyloak and elasticsearch instances.
>>>
>>> keycloak (v1.9.1): localhost:8080/auth
>>> elasticsearch (v2.2.1): localhost:9200