[Apiman-user] APIMAN Analytics

Mohan mohanjoyappa at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:59:43 EDT 2016

Hi Eric :),

I very much appreciate your quick feedback. Glad to know that these data
can be extracted from underlying data storage.

I may have some additional reporting need which I believe could be
extracted from back end data. Will give a try.... If not, I will surely
seek your guidance

Thanks again,

Best
Mohan Joyappa

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Eric Wittmann <eric.wittmann at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello, Mohan Joyappa (@ ebsco)!  :)
>
> All of the information you listed below is available in the metrics
> storage, if you are using Elasticsearch for metrics (apiman supports
> multiple metrics storage back-ends).  Only a small subset of the data
> collected is surfaced in the apiman UI.
>
> However, you could install and use Kibana to give yourself a way to create
> arbitrary visualizations/graphs of the metrics data. Alternatively you
> could access the data directly by issuing Elasticsearch aggregation
> queries.  Unless you are an Elasticsearch expert, I expect the former will
> be easier.
>
> In the future we may have more extensive support for querying the metrics
> data, but for now this is what we have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric
>

> On 5/31/2016 4:13 PM, Mohan wrote:
>

>> Hi APIMAN Team,
>>
>> While going through APIMAN’s Analytics functionality, I have found out
>> that you need to open individual APIs to see following stats
>>
>> 1 ) Usage of a given API per client and per plan
>>
>> 2) # of Successful/Failed/erroneous responses
>>

>> I would like to know is there any way for us to get following reports in
>> APIMAN
>>
>> 1.       Is there any way to see above statistics for *ALL published
>> API*s at *ONE* place without having to go through each APIs?
>>
>> 2.       And, For a given time period
>>
>> a.       Among all the published APIs, show me the APIs for which we had
>> issues/(# faulty API calls per API) so that I know the problematic APIs
>> and can take corrective action.
>>
>> b.      Among the published APIs, show me the number of subscriptions
>> (Example : API-1 has 1 subscriber/ClientApp, API-2 has 3
>> subscriber/clientApp) to measure the adoption rate for a given API
>>
>> c.       Among the published APIs, show me the number of APIs call made
>> per API and their response time (so that I know which APIs are slow and
>> I can take corrective action to improve the performance)
>>
>> d.      Number of API calls per user/clientApp (This will help developer
>> to see whether to reduce their usage of API calls or not and also helps
>> the service provider to know which developer are exceeding their quota).
>>

>> Appreciate your feedback/response
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Mohan Joyappa (@ ebsco)

Thanks