[Apiman-user] Upcoming enhancement: Content-Length when no body mutating (data) policies in pipeline

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 12:33:25 EST 2017

Based upon a community request, I'm making a small patch that ensures the
Content-Length header is left intact when no data policies are in the
pipeline (instead of using chunked encoding). This is handy if you want the
client to know how far downloaded their file is, for instance.

*Let me know if this might have any adverse impact upon you.*

Example:

CORS <-> Rate Limiting  - Content-Length set.
CORS <-> [ URL Rewriting ] - Transfer-Encoding: chunked; *no*
Content-Length set.

We don't set Content-Length in cases when body mutation may occur because
it would require buffering to determine the final size before transmission
- which is something we avoid for performance reasons.

Regards,
Marc