[Apiman-user] Proposal to provide relevant HTTP codes for exceptions (not 500 for everything!)

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 12:24:05 EDT 2017

Hi,

Up until now there has been an issue with certain exceptions being
indistinguishable by HTTP code.

For example: timeouts and connection issues; API not found, API not
public; invalid accesses, etc, all return 500.

A community member requested us to remedy that, and I'm proposing to
do the following in this release:

Not found-related (like API not found): 404
Invalid access (like trying to access an API directly that isn't public): 401
Unable to connect to backend API: 502
Connector timeouts: 504

Is this likely to be an issue to anyone such that I should delay its
inclusion? Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Marc