[Apiman-user] Edition Published APIs

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 07:40:45 EDT 2017

Ashish is quite right about the design.  The goal was to shield
applications/clients from having the API contract changed out from under
them AFTER they had agreed to the terms.  Clearly, there are *some* changes
(e.g. the API endpoint) which would not affect the Contract - so a more
mature implementation of our approach would take that sort of thing into
account.  However, there would always be some grey area to it.

We had intended to implement a feature whereby *installers* of apiman could
loosen the restrictions and allow re-publishing of APIs, but we didn't get
to it before the 3scale acquisition.  It's actually something that wouldn't
be too hard to implement if someone in the community were willing to give
it a shot.

Also note that "public only" APIs CAN be re-published, since by definition
there are no contracts at risk.

-Eric