[Apiman-user] Response when gateway cannot connect to the API implementation

David Rush David.Rush at ihsmarkit.com
Thu May 18 20:51:46 EDT 2017

We also see this.  Consumers often confuse it as a problem with the api gateway rather than the upstream app.  I think this also leaks too much internal detail out to the public side, which is the kind of thing that gets flagged up on security audits.  The option to return a simple 503 return status to the browser with the more detailed error sent to the log would be great.

David