[Apiman-user] Authorization question

Stephen Henrie stephen at saasindustries.com
Mon Nov 13 20:36:12 EST 2017

Hi Marc,

Yes and no. We decided to go a different route and not use the contracts
and plans, since we don't want to have to dole out apikeys. We are just
using the "public" API functionality at this point.

However, in order to minimize the configuration needed for each new API
entry, I went ahead and created a custom policy plugin which combines some
parts of the keycloak oauth plugin and the authorization plugin. Instead of
requiring all of that preconfiguration data for each API to point the
plugin to a specific keycloak realm, it dynamically makes a call to
Keycloak in real-time to get and cache the token's realm's public key so
that the oauth token can be validated.

Thanks for checking in though.

Stephen