[bv-dev] BVAL-238 Dependency injection in ConstraintViolation

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 22 04:51:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

concerning "How is CDI BeanManager (or equivalent) injected into Bean
Validation?" I'm wondering whether we really require something like
cdiBeanManager().

Couldn't the CDI runtime just set a CDI-aware
ConstraintValidatorFactory when creating the Validator(Factory). We
then wouldn't have any dependency to CDI in BV at all. On the downside
this would mean CDI-enabled validators would only work when using a
validator managed by CDI but not using a validator retrieved via
Validation.buildDefaultValidatorFactory() but that would be ok IMO.

So generally I think the BV/CDI integration should be more
triggered/managed from the CDI side than the other way around.

--Gunnar