[bv-dev] BVAL-238 Dependency injection in ConstraintViolation

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 24 04:11:49 EDT 2011

There are a couple of reasons why I proposed this approach. Of course nothing i settled.

- IFAIR, BeanManager was to be responsible from the creation and destruction of the object. We do have a hook for creation but not for destruction yet. So it's likely that ConstraintValidatorfactory needs to be enhanced
- I was trying to facilitate the work of the container or the "SE" container.

What you're saying is that assuming @ValidatorFactory is injected in EE or SE, it is the CDI responsibility to set the right ConstraintValidatorFactory. We can consider this approach definitely. Can you add it as an alternative in the website page?

Note that CDI strategy is to let other specs describe their integration, we are responsible for describing how that will work.

Emmanuel