[bv-dev] Dependency between constraints and validators

Kevin Pollet pollet.kevin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:27:53 EDT 2011

On 26 October 2011 15:36, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> IMHO, if the mechanism used to discover the ConstraintValidator
> implementations is pluggable, it should work.
>

> What do you have in mind? I don't mind having a pluggable discovery
> mechanism but we need a standard way for a constraint implementor to expose
> the fact that it implements validators for some constraints.

I've nothing special in mind. By pluggable I mean a way to override the
discovery mechanism like it's done with the ValidationProviderResolver. The
way used to specify the ConstraintValidator implementations will remain the
same.

Because I'm not sure it's possible to have a mechanism which works in a
modular and non-modular world out of the box. For example, to make it work
with OSGi you'll have to be depend on the API. AFAIK, JBoss Modules allows
to import/export service resources.

--Kevin