[bv-dev] BVAL-263 ValidatorFactory.close()

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Feb 6 04:50:21 EST 2012

To support dependency injection, we need a close event at the ValidatorFactory level to properly release managed beans. I can imagine other resources could benefit from this close operation as well.

I'm working toward adding it to the spec but I am wondering whether or not we need a companion isClosed() method to the ValidatorFactory. Do you see situations where you would need this information (as container developer, framework developer or mere user of Bean Validation)?

Emmanuel