[bv-dev] [BVAL-251] Improve Bean Validation support for modularized environments

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 2 11:47:27 EST 2012

Sorry for the long slack off.

OSGi is generally not my field but here are a few comments on what Gunnar and Kevin have said:

- we can definitely experiment with Hibernate Validator and offer some OOTB support for OSGi and other modularity solutions.
- we can consider the API JAR provided by the RI team and add the OSGi headers if that's the correct solution but I don't feel like adding them in the spec document proper
- we should align with what the CDI group does wrt OSGi headers especially since CDI will be an optional dependency of BV
- can someone flesh out a more concrete proposal and push it to http://beanvalidation.org/proposals/BVAL-251 ? Kevin do you want to take the lead?

Emmanuel