[bv-dev] Bean Validation and JAX-RS 2.0

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 4 16:56:16 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Emmanuel and I have been discussing the integration of BV and JAX-RS
(RESTful web services) with the JAX-RS 2.0 EG.

The basic idea is to place constraint annotations on JAX-RS resource
types and perform a validation of the same at defined times in the
request life cycle. In particular, JAX-RS makes use of the new method
validation API to validate parameters and return values of resource
methods.

The JAX-RS 2.0 EG recently published their third early draft for
public review [1], so in case you're interested, you might have a look
at the spec (chapter 7 describes the BV integration) and provide your
feedback. I think simplest is if you post any comments to both EGs
(the JAX-RS mailing lists can be found at [2]).

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=339
[2] http://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/lists