[bv-dev] Hosting of method validation methods

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon Jul 23 09:39:01 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Let me pick up yet another TODO from the current spec.

Section "5.1.2. Method-level validation methods" [1] still contains a TODO whether the methods for method validation should be hosted
on a different interface (other than javax.validation.Validator).

At the moment all validation methods are hosted on javax.validation.Validator. Personally I don't see a strong reason for introducing
another indirection/interface. Does anyone have objections removing the todo?

--Hardy

[1] http://beanvalidation.org/1.1/spec/#d0e3831