[bv-dev] MessageResolver vs ResourceBundleLocator

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 26 14:35:41 EDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Gunnar Morling wrote:

> I thin I've not yet totally understood what you have in mind.

AFAIU Gerhard proposes a more general interface which is independent from ResourceBundles. Underneath you still can use them, in fact you would have to for
ValidationMessages.properties. We would have to to define the MessageResolver interface and then also define that the default implementation of this interface
resolves against ValidationMessages.properties. Even with the ResourceBundleLocator interface you need to somehow specify that a default implementation exists
which uses ValidationMessages.properties. Is this what you have in mind Gerhard?

> Maybe you could create a proposal for BVAL-217 describing things more in detail (interaction between resolver and interpolator, integration with BV 1.0 interpolators etc.)?

+1 That would be the best.

> I also think using resource bundles is not totally optional as there is the ValidationMessages bundle.

Right. For that reason using ResourceBundleLocator still feels a little more "natural" to me.

--Hardy