[bv-dev] Bean Validation and JavaFX

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 28 14:57:29 EDT 2012

Interesting, it's good you catch that one.

I have the gut feeling that we can get it to work perfectly with JavaFX including even when there is no binding between the form and the domain model. After all, the form itself can host the validation annotations. and with method validations, we have even more expressivity.

Gunnar could you lead the interaction with the JavaFX folks? Here is what I'd propose:

- invite the guy who prototyped the JavaFX validation tool to join this mailing list
- keep an eye on the JavaFX mailing list to see where theya re heading
- show them with some explanation how we have integrated Bean Validation and JAX-RS. I it likely that it's going to be quite similar integration wise.
- I'd love to get the reason why he things validation's API are too complex. In any case, the FX user probably will never see them as like for JSF, the call will be done by the FX lib during the right lifecycle events

Emmanuel