[bv-dev] Javascript export of bean validation rules

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 29 12:40:19 EDT 2012

Just to add my 2c: I guess it should be rather straight-forward to
export the standard constraints (@Size etc.) from a given model, e.g.
using the meta data API which we already have. These info could be
transferred to the client (e.g. using JSON) where a dedicated JS
engine could validate the constraints according to the BV rules.

Another story are custom constraints which contain custom Java
validation code. One idea here could be to offer an API for
implementing custom constraints in JS. Or one follows GWT's example
and transforms Java to JS (I think there is support for client-side
validation of BV constraints based on that approach built into GWT).

--Gunnar