[bv-dev] Javascript export of bean validation rules

Gerhard Petracek gerhard.petracek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 06:02:19 EDT 2012

hi @ all,

for extracting constraints (e.g. to send (meta-)data, scripts,... to the
client-side), we
introduced ElementDescriptor#ConstraintFinder#unorderedAndMatchingGroups.

some details in view of jsf:
3 years ago we started to brainstorm such an idea for bv+jsf and we came up
with 10 very basic requirements.
however, there are too many different ideas out there how it should work
and each of them isn't trivial (+ has some issues).
since validation via ajax-requests doesn't have most issues we identified
with a client-side approach and it's available in jsf already, we stopped
working on it.

regards,
gerhard