[bv-dev] Bean Validation 1.1 early draft 1 is out

Gerhard Petracek gerhard.petracek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 07:32:11 EDT 2012

hi gunnar,

since it isn't a complicated topic, we can write a proposal as soon as we
have a basic agreement about the approach.

imo it's pretty easy - it's just about:

 - an interface which directly allows simple but still flexible custom
implementations of (custom) message-sources (including a simple delegation
to a ResourceBundle).
vs.
 - an interface which is restricted to ResourceBundle. -> if it isn't
possible to use ListResourceBundle or PropertyResourceBundle, users have to
implement #getKeys which might not be possible (/ that easy) for some
advanced use-cases.

the rest is more or less the same - if the MessageInterpolator receives a
key, it uses the new interface for the lookup (if there is no custom
implementation of the new interface or no result for the given key, the
existing default bundle (ValidationMessages) is used as a fallback).

regards,
gerhard