[bv-dev] Invoking Configuration#buildValidatorFactory() several times

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Mon Mar 19 12:21:29 EDT 2012

Hi Gunnar,
  I agree that nothing is specified, and therefore that my default
understanding would have been (and in fact was and is) that there is
no reason a Configuration cannot be reused to build another
ValidatorFactory.  The fact that Configuration and ConfigurationState
are separate interfaces seems to imply this as well, albeit subtly.  I
could believe there might be a use-case for building a number of
ValidatorFactory instances, each with e.g. one configuration property
modified from the last.

$0.02,
Matt