[bv-dev] bv-dev] [BVAL-251] Improve Bean Validation support for modularized environments

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Fri May 4 06:56:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Seems everyone is tired of OSGi? Maybe adding the OSGi header is as far as we should go.

It has been a while since I've played around a bit with BVAL-251. I
still think some (standardized) OSGi support would be a good thing.
I've worked on the basic discovery (there are branches for the API [1]
and HV [2]) and I definitely would like to investigate the area a bit
more (would we need special message interpolators etc.), but since
then I just haven't found enough time to continue with the issue. I
hope I can continue with that within the next time. Maybe Kevin has
also some news on that.

Regarding the class loader service, this might be a good idea. I think
we should see which specific use cases there are (which related
problems currently exist etc.) in order to come up with a solution. It
would also be interesting to know how Apache Validation does class
very beneficial.

--Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/gunnarmorling/beanvalidation-api/tree/BVAL-251
[2] https://github.com/gunnarmorling/hibernate-validator/tree/BVAL-251