[bv-dev] Method validation - cont'd

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Wed May 9 16:24:41 EDT 2012

Hi all,

now that some weeks have passed since we've released the BV 1.1 early
draft, I thought it's about time to continue with the method
validation feature [1].

The current spec document [2] contains several TODO markers relating
to method validation which need to be addressed. The most relevant
issues IMO are:

* Align on approach for cross-parameter validation
* Should method validation methods be defined on j.v.Validator or a
dedicated new interface?
* Polish extension for method constraints to meta-data API
* Further discuss @MethodValidated annotation with other EGs (e.g. JAX-RS)
* Should ParameterNameProvider go into a sub-package?

Please see the spec for a more detailed description of these and other
issues. If you have feedback, ideas or questions around any of these
issues, the method validation feature in general or see any issues
currently not yet discussed, please don't hesitate to post to the
list.

I'll start specific discussions on individual items as required. In
parallel the implementation of the feature within the RI will start
[3]. I guess this will create additional insights, too.

I'm looking forward to your feedback,

--Gunnar

[1] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-272
[2] http://beanvalidation.org/1.1/spec/