[bv-dev] bv-dev] [BVAL-251] Improve Bean Validation support for modularized environments

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon May 14 06:31:14 EDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> I'm not sure if that should be as classForName or by passing the classloader but I see the following needs:

The benefit of ClassLoaderService#classForName is that an implementation still could decide to implement strategies like
first trying the context and the the current class loader.

>> From where:
>
> - from the user application or from the module depending on BV

I am also trying to understand what a modular environment means for a shared ValidatorFactory.
If a user application depends on BV and also uses custom constraints, does it not mean the application
would need to build its own ValidatorFactory via ValidatorFactory#usingContext()#classLoaderService(classLoaderService).

> I also wonder if all of this should be masked behind a contract like your describe, or if the list of classloaders should be exposed to BV and processed.

How would the latter latter look like?

> I am also not sure of the impact of object lifecycle.

What exactly do you mean here?

--Hardy