[bv-dev] Java version for BV 1.1

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue May 29 15:15:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

thanks, that's good to know.

I think we still could aim for BV being Java 6 compatible, allowing to
use it in plain SE 6 environments.

The reason I was asking was that I recently stumbled upon
j.v.Validation$DefaultValidationProviderResolver in the spec JAR. When
we assume Java 6 as a minimum requirement, I think we could simplify
the resolver class by leveraging java.util.ServiceLoader which was
introduced with Java 6.

--Gunnar