[bv-dev] Should getters be considered methods during validation

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 21 11:52:22 EST 2012

I tried to summarize all the discussions at http://beanvalidation.org/proposals/BVAL-327/

While I wish we could go the easy way and consider getters as methods, I
really really fear that we would create a time bomb.

I also polled people at Devoxx trying to explain the pros and cons
and an overwhelming majority of people wanted to not consider getters
as regular constrained methods.

Emmanuel