[bv-dev] BVAL-221 Constraint violation builder cannot put constraint on a top level map key

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Nov 23 09:21:37 EST 2012

> - relaxing NodeBuilderDefinedContext and adding the new contract on it

I wouldn't really like that as it reduces safety of the API.

> - an explicit new method deprecating addNode

Related to this is BVAL-336 [1]. We've added Node#getDescriptor(), so the
question is what should that return for nodes created by the user via the
node builder API?

We could have a new method

addNode(String name, ElementDescriptor descriptor) or even
addNode(ElementDescriptor descriptor)

Leaves the question where does the user get the descriptor from? One way
could be to provide access to BeanDescriptor via ConstraintValidatorContext.
For nodes added via the deprecated method getDescriptor() we would likely
have to return null.

--Gunnar

[1] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-336