[bv-dev] Planned public draft for end of this week

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 16 13:20:23 EDT 2012

For your info, to comply with some of the EE train constraints, I am
planning on providing the public draft of the specification to the JCP end of
this week.

Hardy, Gunnar and I are racing to add the various proposals that have
been floating around lately into the specification and API.

It feels natural to provide a new milestone release for all the work
that has been done lately. A good chunk of it is around refinements for
method validation but we will also have a few new features in.

A lot of work is being done to clarify and refine how CDI and Bean
Validation will interact. There has been a discussion with Pete Muir
(CDI spec lead) to try and find the best approach. These discussions are
mostly summarized in https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/BVAL-307

I apologize for not giving a longer warning about this deadline. I have
been caught by JavaOne and us racing to put the features in concrete
words.

Emmanuel