[bv-dev] Should getters be considered methods during validation

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 23 13:19:29 EDT 2012

For method validation, we have so far managed to get away with
requiring an annotation based metadata to direct how method validation
behaves.

One question that popped up during the recent write up is whether or not
getters should be considered regular methods and thus be intercepted and
validation by CDI or AspectJ interceptors.

I have my own ideas, but I'd like to get your opinion on the subject.

Emmanuel