[bv-dev] Cross parameter validation convergence

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Sep 7 04:05:17 EDT 2012

On Thu 2012-09-06 11:46, Michael Nascimento wrote:
> It would be interesting to compare them to the rules used for
> selecting the constructor to be used with JPQL select new. It is a
> similar problem, I think (no, I do not know them :-P).

The JPA spec does not describe any rule specifically. I think that means
the expected rules of Java are applied which are the JLS ones.

I don't know about the other providers but I did some digging in Hibernate ORM
It does partially honor the JLS rules. It will find a matching constructor but not
necessarily the most specific matching constructor.

I have never seen anyone complain for the record.

Emmanuel