[bv-dev] Constraint given several times

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 6 06:31:55 EST 2013

Hi,

>From a runtime perspective I can see how a single constraint violation can make sense as well.
We have a single instance of Woman validating the Default group. I can see how only one violation
makes sense. The problem is the metadata. It would not be defined which constraint meta data you
would get when inspecting the constraint violation. The one from Citizen or the one from Person.

I am wondering whether the group parameter contributes to constraint equality or whether it should be
excluded.

If there are no other objections I am ok with updating this behaviour and test, but I can see the merit in
the current behaviour as well.

--Hardy