[bv-dev] Renaming ExecutableDescriptor#areParametersConstrained()?

Rich Midwinter rich.midwinter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:59:22 EST 2013

Perhaps worth mentioning we have BeanDescriptor#isBeanConstrained() too in
1.0. So at first glance I'd probably suggest isParameterConstrained() and
also isExecutableConstrained().

Rich

On Thursday, 28 February 2013, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Hardy and I were wondering whether the method
name ExecutableDescriptor#areParametersConstrained() is the best choice.
> The name seems a bit unintuitive, when e.g. looking via auto-completion
for boolean getter methods which typically start with "is" or "has". Maybe
> * "isParameterConstrained()" (as in "is constrained on at least one
parameter") or
> * "hasConstrainedParameters()" would be better alternatives?
>
> The latter would also nicely match with
BeanDescriptor#hasConstrainedExecutables().