[bv-dev] Distinguishing cross-parameter and generic constraints

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Jan 16 04:19:18 EST 2013

I must admit I have not made my mind. The small advantage I find in having two annotations is that it is readable at a glance what the constraint is even just by reading its javadoc (assuming @Documented). In the second approach, you need to explicitly put it in the javadoc or have your users access to the source code and parse the @Constraint

What do others think?