[bv-dev] Data-driven execution for validation constraints

Thang Le thangmle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:19:16 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Validation constraints defined in Bean Validation 1.1 are mostly written
and assigned in static manner. This limits us to reuse the existing
constraints in value-driven manner. Could we add a new attribute
'executeCondition' to the constrain definition? 'executeCondition' would
take an EL expression. A bean validation framework would need to evaluate
the expression set in this attribute. The corresponding constraint logic
only gets executed when the expression set for 'executeCondition' is
satisfied at runtime.

Let me know your thoughts on this suggestion.

Thanks,
Thang