[bv-dev] Three new EG members

Marco Molteni moltenma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:02:23 EDT 2016

Hello everybody,

It seems that it's my turn to introduce myself.

I'm a Java consultant since 2001. I worked as freelance for software
companies, governmental agencies and banks staying all the time on the
front (sitting at the clients desk). As you know external consultants are
called when there are too many problems that nobody can/want solve and the
deadline is .. dead. In short, just the fun :) I had roles as Developer,
Technical consultant, Analyst, Project manager ... whatever the client
needed.

I live and work in Switzerland. Currently I'm working as Java developer on
some banking projects for Hewlett Packard. More here: http://mycv.host

Bean Validator
I used the RI in some projects in which there was a lot of data exchange
between services (RS and WS). As usual, the analysts enjoyed to write tons
of rules about all the possible values for each field and the developers
spent moths to write validation code like : 'if (age == null || age <18 ||
...)' for every field.

The introduction of BV reduced a lot the amount of issues and code.
Unfortunately it seems that nobody think about BV when they start to use
(more and more frequently) WS or REST services (maybe because the RI
contains the name Hibernate?).

My expectations? An easy to use, performant, flexible and well know tool
for the Java developers. I'm glad if I can help with this.

beanvalidation-dev: I will read all the communications on the list, but I
will have the possibility to participate only when I leave the client
office.

Cheers,

Marco