[bv-dev] Proposal for supporting new Java 8 date/time types

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 25 06:10:17 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've pushed another proposal to the website [1], it's about adding
@Past/@Future support for the date/time types added in Java 8 (java.time.*
package, added by JSR 310). The proposal essentially standardizes the
proprietary support we had in HV, plus some additions.

Please let me know what you think, especially on the questions towards the
end. Either put comments inline on the source on GitHub [2] or let's have a
discussion here.

I haven't been using JSR 310 extensively myself, so any feedback by those
who have is more than welcome.

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1] http://beanvalidation.org/proposals/BVAL-496/