[bv-dev] First Alpha release of Bean Validation 2.0 RI

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 16 13:03:24 EST 2017

Hi,

The first Alpha of the Bean Validation 2.0 reference implementation,
Hibernate Validator 6, is available now.

It implements the Early Draft 1, but also contains some more things
where we thought it'd be great to get some feedback first. E.g.
there's support for constraint definition using Lambda expressions.

Please check out the post on beanvalidation.org and the full
announcement on the Hibernate blog for all the details:

* http://beanvalidation.org/news/2017/02/16/first-alpha-of-bean-validation-2-0-reference-implementation/
* http://in.relation.to/2017/02/16/hibernate-validator-600-alpha1-out/

This release gives you the opportunity to play with the things we've
added so far, for instance you can experiment with custom value
extractors. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks a lot to Guillaume for his hard work on this release!