[bv-dev] First Alpha release of Bean Validation 2.0 RI

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:48:25 EST 2017

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Michael Nascimento <misterm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since Duration is really just seconds and milliseconds and any conversion
> is always flat (in the sense it doesn't take into account daylight savings
> time, for instance), I find it way less useful to support than Period and
> arbitrary TemporalAmounts (such as http://www.threeten.org/
> threeten-extra/apidocs/org/threeten/extra/Days.html ).

The first PR of Marko contained the Period support. The issue is that
Period is not comparable and there is no easy way to compare 2 periods so
we decided to not implement it for now. The typical issue we had is how do
you compare 1 month and 30 days.

As for supporting threeten-extra, it wouldn't be done in the spec anyway.
But we are open to consider it for HV (as we did for Joda a long time ago).
PR welcome!

--
Guillaume