[bv-dev] Towards Proposed Final Draft and Final Approval Ballot

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 15 14:26:29 EDT 2017

Hey all,

As you probably noticed, Bean Validation 2.0 has passed the Public
Review successfully [1]. That's a very important step and a great
result -- thanks a lot for all your work to make it happen!

There's not much time to celebrate (yet) though, as the timeline -- as
dictated by the overall schedule for Java EE 8 -- going forward to the
Final version is tight.

We made a good dent on clarifications and clean-ups on the spec and
the TCK in the last days (kudos to Guillaume!!!). The remaining open
issues assigned to 2.0.0.CR1 (= PFD) and 2.0-next (=Final Approval
Ballot version) are mostly cosmetics and administrative things [2]. So
I would like to submit the Proposed Final Draft to the JCP mid next
week and submit to the Final Approval Ballot at the beginning of July.

Please let me know if you have any objections on that planning or see
any further issues we should address prior to the Final.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, it'd be a great thing if you could
spend some time and check out the diff with all the changes since Bean
Validation 1.1:

    http://beanvalidation.org/latest-draft/diff-to-1.1/

Any feedback on ambiguities, missing or incorrect pieces, typos,
formatting issues etc. is welcomed very much. If you let me know about
your findings by Monday, I'll have a chance to incorporate any
suggestions for the PFD.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to finalising Bean Validation 2.0,

--Gunnar

[1] https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5998
[2] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BVAL%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20fixVersion%20in%20(2.0-next%2C%202.0.0.CR1)%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC