[bv-dev] Bean Validation 2.0 Alpha2 released

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 31 09:41:15 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We've released Alpha2 of spec and API:

    http://beanvalidation.org/news/2017/03/31/bean-validation-2-0-alpha2-is-out/

The reference implementation also has been updated to implement this version:

    http://in.relation.to/2017/03/30/hibernate-validator-600-alpha2-out/

I suppose we could do another alpha release if needed, followed by the
Public Draft in second half of April (so we'll catch the Java EE 8
train). The next thing I'll work on is pushing the container element
validation appendix into the individual spec chapters. I'll also check
whether we need closure on some of the earlier discussions. One thing
I remember is the validation of Period/Duration, I'll check on that
thread and revive if needed.

If there is anything else which you think really should be part of BV
2, please speak up, the clock is ticking :)