[bv-dev] Results on @Positive/@Negative poll

Michael Nascimento misterm at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:19:26 EDT 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> > The non-negative names are the way to go if we go the separate
> annotations
> > route.
>
> Can you elaborate on your reasoning?

OUCH, I meant the non-non-negative aka PositiveOrZero / NegativeOrZero.
Sorry for that. It just shows how confusing negative names are :-)

> >  I'm not a big fan of simply listening to the masses though and I'm
> > wondering whether these annotations pull their weight, though. I feel
> more
> > inclined towards orZero, which is the second most popular choice.
>
> Ok, but I think it'd be bad form to first ask for feedback and then
> not follow the expressed preference.

I respect your reasoning. However, the difference is not statistically
significant and we are going for the second option, which shows we're
listening to a degree.

> Also I think this is mostly a question of style, it's not a black and
> white thing.

That's for sure.

Regards,
Michael