[boston] *Reminder* - JCA (May 11th, 2010 @ 6PM)

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Wed May 5 16:06:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

A friendly reminder about our meeting next week:

Java Connector Architecture 1.6
by Jesper Pedersen, JBoss by Red Hat

Date: May 11th, 2010 @ 6 PM
Location:

Boston University
111 Cummington St
Boston, MA 02215

MCS 135 (Math and Computer Science Building)
1st floor

Abstract:

Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA) is more or less one of the "hidden" gems
of the Java Enterprise (Java EE) platform providing a standard API for
connecting your middleware platform to Enterprise Information Systems (EIS).

This means that the JCA container for example manages all connections to your
databases and enables messages in a JMS provider to find its way to an
Enterprise Message-Driven JavaBean.

In this session we will explore what the Java EE Connector Architecture really
is, and take a look at what makes up the architecture.

We will go through

* Overview of the Java EE Connector Architecture
* What's New in JCA 1.6
* The JBoss JCA project
* Getting started with JCA development

and thereby getting you started harvesting the true power of JCA !

Agenda:

6.00 PM - 6.20 PM: Meetup + Pizza
6.20 PM - 6.30 PM: Welcome + Announcements
6.30 PM - 7.20 PM: Java EE Connector Architecture 1.6
7.20 PM - 7.30 PM: Break
7.30 PM - 8.20 PM: The JBoss JCA container
8.20 PM - 8.30 PM: Q&A
8.30 PM - 9.00 PM: Networking

Remember to sign up on the meeting homepage at:

 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/BostonJBossUserGroup-JCA16

Looking forward to seeing you all !

Best regards,
 Jesper