[cdi-dev] Summarize finding a BeanManager (for Java SE, integration with older Java EE and unit testing)
richardhightower at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:07:15 EDT 2011
We need a general purpose way of finding a BeanManager.
+1 for me.
This way should include JNDI lookup to a fallback BeanManagerLocator that
uses a ServiceLoader
+1 for me.
I think the behavior should look like this:
- Lookup BeanManager in JNDI
- If not found, try to load BeanManagerLocator from system property.
- If not found, try to load BeanManagerLocator from ServiceLoader.
- If more than one BeanManagerLocator found, sort by priority or die if
there is more than one. (not sure about the sort, I think it should die, but
can be convinced otherwise).
- Once the BeanManagerLocator is found, use it to return a BeanManager
I think we need a simplified interface for BeanManager.
This could just be a utility class, but it should be included with CDI 1.1.
I think the BeanManager interface is too low level.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cdi-dev