[cdi-dev] CDI-110

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 12:29:43 EDT 2011

On 27 Apr 2011, at 15:24, George Gastaldi wrote:

> I was just browsing the issues, and found out one issue on the TBD
> list that really shouldn´t be left out on CDI 1.1.
> "Provide support for binding an invocation handler to an interface or
> abstract class" -  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-110
>
> In fact, it is the ServiceHandler feature implemented in Seam Solder.
> There is a use case that is the same as listed on
> http://docs.jboss.org/seam/3/solder/latest/reference/en-US/html/servicehandler.html
> that makes it necessary and could be better adopted on other use cases
> as well.

I think the reason I didn't add this to the proposal was that I didn't want to add too many new features, and given that this can be implemented very easily as an add on, I left it off.

Anyone else got a strong feeling on this?

> I may also be responsible on implementing this.

How do you mean? That you would be able to write the spec changes for adding this feature?

Pete