[cdi-dev] Yan:: Re: About ProcessSessionBean<X> Container Lifecycle Event Class

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 17:56:01 EDT 2011

I talked to Carlo on IRC and we worked out the issue:

ProcessBean<X> offers a method getBean() which returns Bean<X>. Bean<X> has a method of type create() which returns an X. If we were to have ProcessSessionBean<X> extend ProcessManagedBean<X> then this would imply that you can create something of type, which in the case of a session bean is the bean class (which can't be created for EJBs with local or remote business interfaces). So ProcessSessionBean is correct as is.

Carlo suggested we might want a "ProcessView" event for EJBs which fired for each EJB view that was registered.