[cdi-dev] CDI-136: Validation of passivation capability for SFSBs

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 09:32:07 EDT 2011

All,

David Blevins raised this issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-136 about CDI overstepping the it's responsibilities and validating that every SFSB must be passivation capable, not just those that belong to passivation capable scopes in CDI.

I would assume this check was introduced because of a misinterpretation of the EJB spec that *all* SFSBs are passivation capable, not just some. Speaking to David, he has indicated this is certainly not the case. In this case, I think CDI is being somewhat presumptious and should validate only the beans that it needs to (those that belong to passivation capable scopes in CDI).

EJB does not offer up any metadata about whether a SFSB is passivation capable, so I think this is the best we can do. Might be something for the EJB EG to consider - Marina, happy to raise there if you want?

I will create a pull req for this issue shortly with the proposed fix, please comment on the issue as ever if you do not agree with the fix, within the next two weeks.

Pete