[cdi-dev] Fwd: [jsr338-experts] Integration of EntityListeners Classes with CDI (Java EE 7)

Jens Schumann jens.schumann at openknowledge.de
Tue Jun 21 10:07:55 EDT 2011

Pete:

> Instead, I would propose that EntityListeners are simply added to
> the list of Java EE components which are able to be injected. This
> means they can be injected, but are not available for injection into
> other components.

Maybe I don't understand this because I am not a native English speaker;).

Will your proposal support something like this:

public class ModificationListener {

 @Inject
 @Current
 private User user;

 @PrePersist
 public void onCreate(Object obj) {
  if (obj instanceof ModifiableObject) {
    // make use of current user
  }
 }
}

Right now I have use the BeanManager within the listener to achieve the
same result. Pretty inconvenient.

Jens