[cdi-dev] CDI-86: Application lifecycle events
pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 12:47:06 EDT 2011
A number of people have requested that CDI fire lifecycle events. I have produced the following proposal to start a discussion:
Add these qualifiers:
And require that the container fires an event with an event type of Object when a context is initialized and destroyed, giving us 8 distinct events:
• @Initialized @Application Object o;
• @Destroyed @Application Object o;
• @Initialized @Session Object o;
• @Destroyed @Session Object o;
• @Initialized @Conversation Object o;
• @Destroyed @Conversation Object o;
• @Initialized @Request Object o;
• @Destroyed @Request Object o;
The payload of the event will depend on the environment in which CDI is operating. The spec would require that if the application was a web application that the payload would be the relevant event as defined by the Servlet spec.
The @Application event would be deferred until bootstrap is complete.
This will require the support of the Platform EG, so once we have a proposal we like, I will take it to them.
More information about the cdi-dev